10Micron HPS High-Precision Absolute Encoder Mounts – True Precision for your Astronomical Future
In this thread, we will talk about the features and benefits of the various 10Micron mounts from the GM1000HPS to the GM4000HPS, from the AZ1000HPS to the AZ8000DDS. Per the TOS, please limit questions to clarification of the information presented. A thorough discussion of the mounts and their features can be pursued in the Mounts forum if desired.
10Micron Astro Technology has been the leader in manufacturing the world’s best consumer and professional (up to 1 meter) line of premium telescope mounts fully incorporating absolute encoders and cutting edge technology for over 7 years. The HPS mounts are available in both German equatorial and Altitude/Azimuth versions both offering the highest accuracy, greatest precision, and fastest hybrid worm/belt-driven movement combined with the best user experience of all mounts available today. 10Micron HPS mounts are available in sizes from the smallest, most portable, and most affordable mount with integrated absolute encoders from any manufacturer, up to observatory class HPS mounts with 550 lbs (250kg), dual scope capacities. 10Micron’s mount technology (including both the current HPS and the older QCI technologies) has been used for thousands of hours in the field by customers around the globe. The mounts are used for everything from high precision visual observing, long-exposure imaging, and, satellite tracking, to sky surveys, satellite tracking, variable star measurements, and exoplanet searches. Their robust technology is used from the hottest to coldest environments and from the lowest to highest elevations.
Features, including those unique and cutting edge features, that have been incorporated in the 10Micron HPS mounts from the start, include:
- High-resolution absolute encoders on both axes,
- A fully functional heated hand controller and an identical virtual hand controller,
- Zero backlash hybrid belt and worm drive,
- Self-adjusting spring-loaded worms for temperature adaptation,
- Internal precision balancing routine,
- Internal modeling routine requiring a maximum of 100 points for the highest precision operation,
- Fully automated modeling using an imaging camera and available freeware and many of today’s imaging and plate solving packages,
- Internal polar alignment routines not requiring a polar scope or a view of poles,
- Internal automatic refraction adjustments,
- Slew speeds up to 20 degrees per second (mount version dependent),
- Whisper quiet slewing and tracking,
- Dual-axis tracking,
- Custom tracking rates,
- Slip/compression clutching in smaller mounts and moveable worm clutching in larger mounts,
- Tracking up to 35 degrees past the meridian in firmware, 45 degrees in hardware,
- Precision unguided and guided performance,
- Internal mount cabling with through-the-mount equipment cabling available with larger mounts,
- All machined aluminum, stainless steel, and bronze parts,
- Hardest and most durable anodized finish available,
- Industrial Linux computer control system with a single cable to the mount,
- Capability to image without any external PC (iOS coming soon),
- Communication through WiFi (client and hotspot), ethernet (client or direct cross-over), and serial connections,
- Easy, direct integration with external sensory and control packages for GPS, weather, time, and remote power up/down,
- Wide temperature operations with a special low-temperature option down to -31°F (-35°C),
- Internal and external logging routines for quick diagnosis of mount and user issues to avoid having to conduct extensive user experimentation and avoid having to ever send a mount in for evaluation,
- Full ASCOM compatibility allowing use with all of today’s planetarium, control, and imaging software,
- Separable RA and DEC axes for easy transportation (GM2000HPS only),
- Top class tripods manufactured by 10Micron with unguided imaging in mind.
10Micron mounts, particularly the GM1000HPS and GM2000HPS mounts, are generally available for shipping within one to two weeks. The longest delivery times are three months in exceptional circumstances when stock has been exhausted and a production run just begun.
Deep Space Products is your one-stop-shop for 10Micron presales consultation, sales, after-sales support, and mount servicing in North and South America including all mounts sold in the United States regardless of the dealer. If you are interested in 10Micron, then you need to know us.