•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GSO 8 inch cassegrain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 michiel

michiel

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: The hague Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM

Anyone any experience with these Sc alternatives?

Michiel

#2 Larry Carlino

Larry Carlino

Sputnik

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:16 AM

I have a GSO 8-inch true Cass and am in the process of writing a full review.  It should be published here in about 2 weeks.  I can tell you that it is an outstanding planetary telescope: better than my C-8 and close to a 150mm ED refractor in revealing detail on Jupiter.  Very sharp and clean images.

Larry

• nirvanix, eros312, AhBok and 4 others like this

#3 michiel

michiel

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: The hague Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Larry, i am in the process of selling my 8 inch achromat and consider buying such a CC  for planetary observations, it is a bit more grab and go than my refractor. I will be waiting for your review.

Michiel

#4 Tyson M

Tyson M

Soyuz

• Loc: 53 degrees North

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

I have a GSO 8-inch true Cass and am in the process of writing a full review. It should be published here in about 2 weeks. I can tell you that it is an outstanding planetary telescope: better than my C-8 and close to a 150mm ED refractor in revealing detail on Jupiter. Very sharp and clean images.
Larry

Looking forward to it!

#5 doug mc

doug mc

Viking 1

• Loc: Tamborine Mountain Australia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

I also have the 8inch GSO CC. It is better than the C8 I owned previously on Jupiter. Using a Baader T2 prism I can reach native focus. The fact it doesn't have a corrector means no dewing up to spoil your nights viewing. 

#6 macdonjh

macdonjh

Skylab

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Here is more reading than you likely want to do:

https://www.cloudyni...cal-cassegrain/

I'm a big fan of classical Cassegrains, so keep that particular bias in mind.  Both of my main observing scopes are classical Cassegrains.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics