•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bluetooth device won't stay on BT list, OSX

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ThatsMyCoffee

ThatsMyCoffee

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Czech Republic

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:51 AM

When using bluetooth (headphones, for example) a newly paired device stays on my Mac's BT device list.  If bluetooth is left on, any remembered device will automatically connect and work.

I have a new BT dongle for my Synscan handcontroller that works really well.  Once connected it works flawlessly.  BUT... nothing but troubles to get it connected.  The device IS there from previous uses, but it just says disconnected and it's not usable until I remove it and scan again for nearby devices.

Does anybody know what I need to do?

Also annoying that I can use this dongle with different programs, but when I switch between them ( closing a program and opening a new one) the BT connection shuts down and I have to start all over again.  Adding it to the list, entering the passcode, telling it to connect.

I'm troubleshooting other things and last night I must have had to reconnect at least 20 times.  Any help appreciated!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics