•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Registax 6 wavelet schemes files missing locally but visible in program?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 markm75c

markm75c

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

I have registax 6 on two machines. I'm trying to figure out how to get the saved schemes from the one machine to the other.

On the original if you do a load scheme you can see all the files and the paths show the program files (x86) registax location, but they dont exist when viewed in explorer.

I checked user profile and programdata and cant find references to where these would actually be (guessing internal?)

Does anyone know how to export these to use on another machine then import?

Thanks in advance

#2 einarin

einarin

Surveyor 1

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:50 PM

Have you searched for *.rwv files ?

#3 markm75c

markm75c

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

I had done this, just finally found some, ok that was the solution and i wouldnt have thought to look here, but in case anyone else runs into it, at least on win 10 v1903 they are here:

\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RegiStax 6

#4 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:23 PM

Ah thats useful. I had been mystified about this myself.

#5 DMach

DMach

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: The most light-polluted country in the world :(

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Glad you found them!

I had the exact same challenge when I changed laptops recently ... certainly not the most intuitive of file locations.

#6 Tulloch

Tulloch

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:05 PM

They are just stored in the same folder where you installed the Registax executable - where else would you expect them to be?

Andrew

#7 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:14 AM

They are just stored in the same folder where you installed the Registax executable - where else would you expect them to be?

Andrew

When you save them, you navigate to a folder - but they arent actually stored there. When you open registax again, they appear to be there - but theyre not. At least not from explorer. Its all a bit weird.

#8 Tulloch

Tulloch

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

When you save them, you navigate to a folder - but they arent actually stored there. When you open registax again, they appear to be there - but theyre not. At least not from explorer. Its all a bit weird.

Umm, OK.

I think your path "\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RegiStax 6" is just a pointer to the

"C:\Program Files (x86)\RegiStax 6" folder, which is where you installed Registax in the first place. Are you sure they are not there?

Andrew

#9 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

Umm, OK.

I think your path "\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RegiStax 6" is just a pointer to the

"C:\Program Files (x86)\RegiStax 6" folder, which is where you installed Registax in the first place. Are you sure they are not there?

Andrew

Im sure youre right. Its just very odd that theyre not where you tell registax to put them, and where registax pretends to find them again. Useful to know where they actually are!

Having said that, this is all from memory......

Edited by happylimpet, 12 September 2019 - 10:06 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics