•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Saturn September 6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sunspot

Sunspot

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

Hi all,

Here are Saturn images from September 6.

http://www.sunspot51...21_RGB_pmax.jpg

Paul M.

• bill w, Achernar, eros312 and 6 others like this

#2 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:33 PM

Hi all,

Paul M.

If this image is what average seeing brings, I can only imagine what excellent seeing would enable you to accomplish where you are.

Taras

• Sunspot likes this

#3 Jenz114

Jenz114

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Southwest Missouri, USA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

Hi all,

Paul M.

Looks like your image might need relabeled regarding polar orientation? I only noticed because your images are usually "upside down" South-up. lol.gif Great detail regardless, especially for the seeing conditions! Do you use a diagonal while imaging or do any axis inversions while capturing the data or during processing? I'm not too familiar with the Mewlon 250. I know it's not ideal with the small light loss, but I've used a diagonal and invert the appropriate axis with my SCT while imaging to get the North-up orientation to match what's visible from my location in simulation software such as Stellarium and Starry Night. This lets me do quick changes between the camera and an eyepiece when aligning or hunting for the next target.

#4 Sunspot

Sunspot

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

Opps! In my hurry I forgot to replace the north up icon with the South up icon. shocked.gif That happens sometime because I submit to both professional astronomers who want north up and ALPO who wants south up. Rack that up to another senior moment. lol.gif

Edited by Sunspot, 12 September 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#5 Jenz114

Jenz114

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Southwest Missouri, USA

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

Opps! In my hurry I forgot to replace the north up icon with the South up icon. shocked.gif That happens sometime because I submit to both professional astronomers who want north up and ALPO who wants south up. Rack that up to another senior moment. lol.gif

Well hey, I had no idea the ALPO had a preference for the South-up orientation, so you taught this young lad something new today! Worked out for me rather nicely! grin.gif

• Sunspot likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics