•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Crescent Nebula with DSLR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom K

Tom K

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Escondido, CA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:12 PM

This may not be the ideal target but I thought I would see how my modded T1i fared.   Clearly I can't get quite what the narrowband guys get.   Still loving this new SV102 Access!   This is 5.4 hours of 3 minute subs.

Full resolution and aquisition details on my Astrobin page:

https://www.astrobin.com/2ru0sn/

Attached Thumbnails

• Crescent Nebula V1 small.jpg

• F.Meiresonne, Starman27, jambroseus and 10 others like this

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

Great color depth, detail, guiding and processing.  I didn't think a T1i could capture this much detail.

#3 Tom K

Tom K

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Escondido, CA

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words Jim.  I am finally getting dialed in on my CEM60 and my climb up the PI learning curve, while still at the early stages, is making progress.  

I didn't think a T1i could capture this much detail.

You and me both.  I have been planning to go mono - and still am - but I attribute the increase in quality of my images to the new SV102 Access as it drops photons much more cleanly onto the chip than my old Orion ED80.   Having a series of clear nights that allow all night imaging helps.   Absent the ability to do unattended meridian flips with SGP, the total integration time would not be as large.

#4 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Aurora

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

An amazing picture indeed, exposure time of over 5 hours, quite impressivebow.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics