•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mounting Celestron Star Sense Auto Align on a Second Mount...

Celestron
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PotosiGuy

PotosiGuy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Potosi, MO (near St. Louis)

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

Hello.  I'm fairly new to astro-anything.  Got a taste of astrophotography (and fell in love with it) with the big eclipse here in parts of the US two years ago; bought a Celestron 8" SCT on AVX mount last summer; and kinda muddling my way through since then.

My present project is to use the AVX mount without the SCT for longer exposures with a DSLR.  (From what I'm told the DSLR with long lens is probably over the max. weight to ride piggyback on the SCT.)  I have a 7" dovetail bar to attach to the AVX, and a ballhead to use on the bar to attach to the camera. 

Here is my question: Is there a way to mount the Star Sense Auto Align from my SCT to the bottom of the dovetail bar to aid in doing the initial alignment?  What clamps/attachments does it take?  Does anyone have a picture of a setup like this?  And is there anything special that has to be done with the SSAA if it's being used on two different systems? 

Thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics