•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CEM60 integrated iPolar uses an adapter?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 milkychris

milkychris

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: St Petersburg, FL

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:34 PM

Hi all.  I just purchased a CEM60 with "integrated" iPolar.  I expected iPolar to replace the optical polar scope but instead it screws on to the end of the polar scope with a threaded adapter.  That doesn't seem to be very integrated to me.  Is that how it is supposed to come?  https://www.ioptron....uct-p/7200a.htm

#2 bwayne

bwayne

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

According to the technical documents it can be installed internally.

http://www.ioptron.c...3339A-CEM60.pdf

#3 Astrola72

Astrola72

Viking 1

• Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:47 PM

I think the "front mounted" and "internal" are two different models of the iPolar camera, at least for the CEM60.

#4 santafe retiree

santafe retiree

Messenger

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

I think the "front mounted" and "internal" are two different models of the iPolar camera, at least for the CEM60.

True. I have the internal version. I needed to remove the visual polar scope in order to install the internal iPolar.  There is an external iPolar that screws to the front of the RA axis.  Sounds like that is what you have.  You can always email support@ioptron.com to get the official take.  It usually takes two or three days for Kevin or John to get back to you but they always do.  Good Luck.

Regards,

Tom

#5 milkychris

milkychris

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: St Petersburg, FL

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I contacted iOptron and they said it should have the internal iPolar.  They were willing to resolve it but unfortunately this mount is too heavy for me so I returned it and purchased a CEM40.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics