•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Landscapes of the 12-day-old_moon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

After imaging Saturn, I turned the telescope to the 12-day old moon, and imaged multiple locations across its face. I used the same camera as the one used for Saturn along with everything else. I flipped through the filters and strangely enough, the view through the blue filter showed the least evidence of turbulence, so all the photos but the image of Clavius was stacked from video taken through it. The video was then processed with PIPP, Autostakert then the Registax wavelets before final adjustments in Photo Shop. For the relatively poor seeing, these results turned out a lot better than I expected. The first image is of the Aristarchus crater and plateau at lunar sunrise. The second is of the craters W. Bond and Birmingham close to the north pole. The dark region at the bottom is a portion of Mare Frigoris, or Sea of Cold.

Taras

Attached Thumbnails

• 09_10_2019_aristarchus sunrise_174MM_MONO_wavelets.jpg
  • 09_10_2019_bond w & birmingham_174MM_MONO_wavelets_small.jpg

Edited by Achernar, 13 September 2019 - 04:33 PM.

• Carol L, eros312, gfstallin and 2 others like this

#2 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

The top picture is an image of the crater Gassendi. The bottom photo is of the crater Clavius in near infrared light.

Taras

Attached Thumbnails

• 09_10_2019_gassendi_174MM_MONO_wavelets.jpg
  • clavius_09_10_2019_174MM_IR_642nm_small.jpg

Edited by Achernar, 13 September 2019 - 04:22 PM.

• Carol L, eros312, jeremiah2229 and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics