•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Protective Covers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DRohrman

DRohrman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

Hi Everyone:

Are there some recommendations for and experience with a Questar 3.5 and pier cover for use for overnight 2-3 nights in semi-arid San Diego area (80s during the day and mid 60s at night, with little chance of rain. In addition I would use the screw-in corrector plate cover. 

Thanks,

Doug Rohrman

#2 Les Aperture

Les Aperture

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central Illinois

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

Try a patio umbrella cover.

Available at any of the home improvement stores for cheap. They are usually  a soft vinyl with a fleece interior.

The pier or Tri-stand legs will be exposed. Just worry about the salt air...!

"Les"

#3 B. Hebert

B. Hebert

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:38 PM

While we are on the subject:

I have a 6" RC that I need to cover during the day while on multiple day trips.

It will have a camera attached and would be about the equivalent of a 6" or 8" cassegrain and on a GEM/tripod.

What covers work well for this combination?

#4 drprovi57

drprovi57

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Virgina USA

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

I find the TeleGizmos Standard Telescope Cover that **** 8" SCT Telescopes work well - TeleGizmos solar scope covers are a multi-layer, polyethylene material with a fully aluminized surface.  The cover is highly water resistant.  They cost between $55-$85, depending on size - just google it - sold by many astronomy stores.

Jason

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics