•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focuser housing thread for AT65EDQ

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CMacD

CMacD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

I've searched for the thread size that attaches the focuser to the body of the AT65EDQ and can't seem to find it anywhere. I measured it to be about 73mm but can't seem to find any adapters to fit that size. Am I missing something?

#2 Brett Waller

Brett Waller

Mariner 2

• Loc: Staunton, VA

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

Moonlight Instruments makes an adapter that mounts their focusers. I am sure they could tell you what the thread size is.

Brett

#3 Tamiji Homma

Tamiji Homma

Skylab

• Loc: California, USA

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

I've searched for the thread size that attaches the focuser to the body of the AT65EDQ and can't seem to find it anywhere. I measured it to be about 73mm but can't seem to find any adapters to fit that size. Am I missing something?

Starlight Instruments also has adapter FTF2015BCR-RP Feather Touch® 2.0" Dia Rack & Pinion Dual Speed for AT65EDQ.

The adapter part # is A20-3003-2 Adapter 2.0" RP for ASTRO TECH 65MM.

large.jpg

Tammy

#4 CMacD

CMacD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:27 AM

Starlight Instruments also has adapter FTF2015BCR-RP Feather Touch® 2.0" Dia Rack & Pinion Dual Speed for AT65EDQ.

The adapter part # is A20-3003-2 Adapter 2.0" RP for ASTRO TECH 65MM.

Tammy

Thanks Tamiji, from the specs page at Starlight it appears to be an M74X1 thread on the scope/focuser attachment point. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics