•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focus issue

equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twjs

twjs

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: NWNJ

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Got  a nice day today with average seeing so setup the LS80 and was able to get a relatively crisp disc thru a 10mm Delos with proms between 3 and 5 oclock on the disc. For grins I switched to a 6mm Delos and no matter what I tried I couldn't even get close to focus. I moved the B18 in and out a bunch of times, no joy. All I got was a tiny blurry almost airy disc.confused1.gif

Any help please?

Edited by twjs, 15 September 2019 - 12:08 PM.

#2 Gary Z

Gary Z

Apollo

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

Hello, TWJS,

Have you ever achieved focus with a 6mm eyepiece prior?  Is this your first use?

According to the website, a zoom eyepiece comes with the LS80, with a zoom range of Solar 7.2mm to 21.5mm and it is recommended for . Simple eyepieces with narrow field of view are recommended. (25mm thru 8mm)

The manuals can be downloaded here:

https://luntsolarsystems.com/manuals/

I know this isn't much, but it may answer your question.

Gary

#3 twjs

twjs

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: NWNJ

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Hello, TWJS,

Have you ever achieved focus with a 6mm eyepiece prior?  Is this your first use?

According to the website, a zoom eyepiece comes with the LS80, with a zoom range of Solar 7.2mm to 21.5mm and it is recommended for . Simple eyepieces with narrow field of view are recommended. (25mm thru 8mm)

The manuals can be downloaded here:

https://luntsolarsystems.com/manuals/

I know this isn't much, but it may answer your question.

Gary

Thanks Gary, not with th 6 no, I've been sticking with 10 mm so far.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics