•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sh2-82, LBN 128 and 129, Cederblad 168

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Thommes

Jim Thommes

Fly Me to the Moon

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San DiegoCA USA

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

Here is an image of Sh2-82 - also known as LBN 129. Close by is LBN 128 also known as Cederblad 168. I understand these objects to be related in terms of the general gas and dust region in which they reside. The diagonal dust lane is pretty well populated with cataloged Dobashi dark nebula objects.

Image and details can be accessed from the link below. I also have a link to the annotated image.To some, the background may seem to have a red tint to it. I left this in intentionally since it was part of the Ha data that was somewhat pervasive  low level signal outside the dark lanes.

SH2_82_MN152_PI2_PS3_IP1_Crp_small.jpg

Sharpless 82, LBN 128 and 129

Annotated Image:
http://www.jthommes....p_annotated.jpg

Scope: Explore Scientific MN152 Maksutov Newtonian at f/4.8
Camera: ST8300M (Baader LRGB filters)

• astrovienna, Joe G, buckeyestargazer and 6 others like this

#2 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Vanguard

• Moderators
  • Loc: Dardenne Prairie, MO

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

Jim,

really nice. I took a somewhat deep image with my refractor (just LRGB) and there was a lot fo dust throughout the background.

Dan

#3 Jim Thommes

Jim Thommes

Fly Me to the Moon

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San DiegoCA USA

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Jim,

really nice. I took a somewhat deep image with my refractor (just LRGB) and there was a lot fo dust throughout the background.

Dan

Dan, Thanks for the comment. Yeah, this area is right on the milky way disk. There is a lot of stuff there.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics