•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Svbony sv106 60mm guidescope rings + adm adapter for losmandy D, need two adm adapters?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markm75c

markm75c

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

I picked up the svbony sv106 guidescope for hyperstar guiding on my edge 11 scope.  My edge 11 has a cge losmandy D style bracket on the top.

I bought a single adm bracket (DVPA) for attaching to the 60mm.  I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious (silly question) that i need a second adm bracket to complete the task but double checking (or i should have gotten the 3 ring losmandy set like this DVR108/66, assuming it would fit).  The existing bracket on the 60mm would fit/line up but the bolts are too short.

The rings themselves appear to have an inner diameter of about 80mm.

svbony1.jpg

svbony2.jpg

The adm bracket came with their own bolts, not sure if they need to be used or not.  I took one of the rings off the svbony 60mm and used its bolt up through the adm bracket, it appears to hold, though it will turn if not fully tightened i think.  I'm guessing with two sets of these adm's there is no risk of any flexture?

svbony3.jpg

The rings that came with the svbony seem ok to me.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Edited by markm75c, 16 September 2019 - 09:32 PM.

#2 rk2k2

rk2k2

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cool, CA

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

ACE hardware (for a longer bolt- perhaps 1/4-20 X 1"?).  If I'm not mistaken, the screws that attach the rings to the dovetail are metric (M4 or M6).  The threaded hole on the dovetail is 1/4-20.  Not familiar with the ADM but I assume it has clearance for the 1/4-20.  The 3 ring solution would definitely be better for guiding as I have found my 2 ring (Astromania, same as your sbony) has a tendency to move slightly.

Edited by rk2k2, 16 September 2019 - 11:14 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics