•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

easy push to question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

ive seen these digital setting circles online and was wondering how they work. reading little bit about it you have to use a cell phone then download some kind of software. i dont have a cell phone but i do have a tablet. do these things work wired or remote. it seems like a real neat item for just $100. thanks, don

#2 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:23 PM

There is a thread on CN about it. It works via Bluetooth. It will work with an iPad, I assume but can’t confirm with other tablets.

#3 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

Here it is, some useful info in there 

https://www.cloudyni...526-ez-push-to/

#4 coopman

coopman

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

https://www.cloudyni...es#entry9560077

It can be a lot cheaper than $100 depending on how you choose to do it.

Edited by coopman, 17 September 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#5 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

i am just looking for alternatives. i am considering ordering another orion intelliscope (i really like them) but they've been back ordering the one i am interested in about 3 times and i am not a very patient person. thinking about maybe buying a apertura dob and adding digital setting circles to it. don 

#6 John Fitzgerald

John Fitzgerald

In Focus

• Loc: ROR Obs. near Pettigrew, AR

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

i am just looking for alternatives. i am considering ordering another orion intelliscope (i really like them) but they've been back ordering the one i am interested in about 3 times and i am not a very patient person. thinking about maybe buying a apertura dob and adding digital setting circles to it. don 

Are you going to Okie-Tex star party?  Should be loads of DSC examples there.  It's about a  7 hour and 10 minute drive from you according to Google maps.

#7 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

no sir, i am hitting close to 80 and my eyes are not the best, taking eye drops for glacoma and other conditions so driving that far would  not be that good for me. im just hoping my sight dont get to a point were i cant enjoy this great hobby anymore. the sky glow isnt really bad here were i live but getting worse every year so star hopping can be nerve racking at times. i like the simplicity of the push to locators. don

#8 mashirts

mashirts

Messenger

• Loc: Elgin, TX

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

no sir, i am hitting close to 80 and my eyes are not the best, taking eye drops for glacoma and other conditions so driving that far would not be that good for me. im just hoping my sight dont get to a point were i cant enjoy this great hobby anymore. the sky glow isnt really bad here were i live but getting worse every year so star hopping can be nerve racking at times. i like the simplicity of the push to locators. don

Cool Don. That is inspiring your willingness to keep on.

Edited by mashirts, 17 September 2019 - 05:39 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics