•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASCOM 6.4 SPI ASI Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Roseville, CA

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

I'm having a problem connecting my ASI 1200mm to PHD2. When I try to connect while using both the ASI 120 and my ZWO 294mc-p it only recognizes my ZWO 294. 

I've traced the problem to the way the ASCOM ASI camera drivers are named in the profile. The file names for the drivers seems to be the problem. The files names were automatically generated by ASCOM. They carry the file names  ASCOM ASI2 and ASI2_2.  I've attached a screen capture of the file names. 

Capture.PNG

I had problems uploading the second image, but it essentially shows that the ASI2_2 file description shows ASI Camera (2).

I do not know how to change the file names or make the necessary changes to the files to ensure they work properly. Suggestions are more then welcomed. 

#2 einarin

einarin

Surveyor 1

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

Can't you use a native driver with ASI120 ?

• jdupton likes this

#3 jdupton

jdupton

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:19 PM

GGR_Scott,

The problem is not one of driver or profile names. The ZWO ASCOM driver only supports two cameras. I am pretty sure this issue has been discussed in other threads here on CloudyNights. The only solution that I have seen is the one user einarin mentioned above. You can run two cameras from the ASCOM driver and the third camera must use the native driver.

You may have to play with the order of connection and initialization with the cameras to get them to show up where you want them (ASCOM vs Native).

John

#4 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

Can't you use a native driver with ASI120 ?

No. PHD2 for some reason always defaults to my ZWO294 when it's connected.

#5 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

GGR_Scott,

The problem is not one of driver or profile names. The ZWO ASCOM driver only supports two cameras. I am pretty sure this issue has been discussed in other threads here on CloudyNights. The only solution that I have seen is the one user einarin mentioned above. You can run two cameras from the ASCOM driver and the third camera must use the native driver.

You may have to play with the order of connection and initialization with the cameras to get them to show up where you want them (ASCOM vs Native).

John

John,

I'm only using two cameras the 120mm mini guide camera and the ZWO 294. I'm currently using NINA as a capture program. That program gives me the option of using the ASCOM or the ASI native drivers. It doesn't seem to matter. Whether I'm using NINA running the native ZWO driver or the ASOM driver or just have the 294 running on ASICAP, PHD2 always defaults to the 294. Moreover, when i'm using NINA and connected to the 294, when I start PHD2, no matter whether I use the ASCOM or ASI native driver, PHD2 seems to take over and default to the 294. 

#6 StrStrck

StrStrck

Viking 1

• Loc: Denmark

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

https://www.cloudyni...ecting-to-phd2/ try this thread.

• jdupton likes this

#7 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:40 PM

Well, hot dang! That was the exact thread I needed. It works!!! Thank you.

• StrStrck likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics