•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mounting C11 edge on EQ6R-pro

mount
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 cayalag

cayalag

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:15 PM

Thanks !! I will take a look now... as long as there is enough back focus to work with the ZWO filter wheel + ASI1600MM...

#27 f300v10

f300v10

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Marietta, GA

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

I have a friend with a C14 Edge, who uses the Celestron OAG with the ZWO filter wheel and ASI1600MM-Pro.  Will you be using the C11 Edge with the 0.7 focal reducer, or at 2800mm?  I'm pretty sure there is enough back focus for either to work.

#28 cayalag

cayalag

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

That sounds good... Initially I will be imaging (or try) at 2800 until the piggy bank recovers a bit. But yeah, the reducer or Hyperstar will be the next step.

#29 Im2bent

Im2bent

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Thanks a lot for the comment, I'm not really sure if it's still the same class or not, but I also have a CGX mount I could get for around 1700$(maybe even a bit less).

By 'specs' it should be a better mount than the EQ6R-pro, but reviews are going both ways, so kinda hard to tell.

Yes the hyperstar point is very correct, that should in theory make my exposure times shorter so I won't need as durable mount, but I do hope on being able to image at f/10 as well, so that's something that needs to be considered as well.

Question for both of you, do you have any idea on how I can test the C11 on the EQ6R pro mount?

Thanks smile.gif

So you are saying the hyperstar you are looking at works with edge scopes because as pointed out there are edge and non edge hyperstars make sure which one it is before buying the scope.

#30 msacco

msacco

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

So you are saying the hyperstar you are looking at works with edge scopes because as pointed out there are edge and non edge hyperstars make sure which one it is before buying the scope.

Well it's still a talk in the air, I probably won't get a C11 anytime soon, but yes of course I'll get the matching version ^_^

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics