•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Little C-6 does it again :)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Barrington, Illinois

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:33 PM

Recently purchased through CN member.

Pretty good sky's tonight so took her out to try some ep's. First note is that I need to tweak the collimation just a little. Using my Nikon D5200 straight out the back it looks just ever so slightly off-center. Will work on that in the very near future. Another drawback is the stock 1.25 stock supplied back end/diagonal (maybe a Baader T-2 prism and  adaptor is in the future here). So next I decided to break out various ep's. I installed the .63fr and had at it. So far it looks like my 13 Ethos is the winner for this scope. My 8 Ethos and 7 Nagler were just to touchy near focus (maybe a starlight micro-focuser is in the future). Would like to try a 10 Delos in it. 

Next I slid in  my C-BV and tried it with a pair of Meade 15mm plossl's and HD60/25mm's both were close (the 15's to much and the 25's to little), so here I am thinking something like the Panoptic 19's or???

The final test was with my MOD 3 NV monocular (wht phos/filmless/with gain control). Easy to achieve prime focus and outstanding views. After collimation I will try this again with the 6 and 12nm Ha filters.

Just thought you folks would want to hear how it's going so far with this set-up. I am thinking of bring my Ioptron AZM Pro mount back here from AZ (may put a CEM40 down there to pair up with my C-8/E) to put this and the new Esprit 80 on tandem for better locating and tracking. But otherwise a great G&G system.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0540-2.jpg
  • IMG_0541-2.jpg

• Starman27, eros312 and jeremiah2229 like this

#2 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:12 PM

What is the story with that MOD 3 NV monocular? Does that enhance DSOs? Is what you see "pleasant" or a lot of green and glare issues. What are your experiences and thoughts after using this?

Thanks,

Frank

#3 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Barrington, Illinois

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

I will have it with me while I am in Green Valley, AZ (visiting parents) mid oct thru mid nov and using it with my C-8 Edge.

The short answer is yes, better enhancement of DSO (especially in the light polluted sky's around Chicago). The gentle green hue is no problem and there is no glare.

#4 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Mr. Roberts. I may have to look into one of these! When you come to Green Valley, check out the area around Arivaca, AZ.  Talk about dark skies!!

Frank

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics