•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASI071MC Pro First Light (NA Neb)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlienRatDog

AlienRatDog

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ann Arbor

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

Howdy folks,

Here is my first attempt at the NA nebula with my new ASI071MC Pro.  This was 15 light frames at 2min exposures (unguided using a Skyguider Pro). There were 20 dark frames.  It was cooled to -5degC.  This is shot through an Optron L-Enhance.  This is in like Bortle 9+ conditions.  Between the flood lights and the moon, the sky looked almost twilight.  Deneb looks a bit jacked up, that is because I am using an Oshiro 135mm f/2.8 lens, it seems to have pretty bad lens flare (I see this with my DSLR also) wide open (I think I will save up for a Rokinon 135 f/2 lens).  Also, I think it is slightly out of focus (it was getting late and I need to go to work in the morning so I rushed things just to see everything working).  I stacked things using DSS and used Photoshop for the rest (Astronomy Tools and AstroFlat Pro).  Still a work in progress, I have a long way to go!  I also used Sharpcap got acquisition (I did not use live stack, just acquired a few frames).  

Attached Thumbnails

• NA_Neb_v1_proc_compressed.jpg

• Scott Mitchell, Jim Waters, mikewayne3 and 6 others like this

#2 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

Given the equipment this is a wonderful shot!

Rgrds-Ross

#3 AhBok

AhBok

Vanguard

• Loc: Lakeland, TN

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:36 PM

Nice image. You should check out APP. It has a really neat process for using multi-band filters. You can easily do Ha and OIII extracts and then combine them as, for example, HOO images. APP has really embraced narrowband imaging with OSCs.
  • Scott Mitchell likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics