•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cascable Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geneva_min

geneva_min

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Geneva Florida

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:51 PM

I see lots of threads regarding what software to use with DSLRs but Cascable never seems to get a mention.  It’s not much more than an intervalometer but it allows complete control without having to rely on the camera’s tiny LCD like most intervalometers.  

When using my ZWO camera I prefer Sharpcap.  For DSLR work I settled on Cascable over the others including BYEOS.  It’s IOS based so I use an iPad to control the camera instead of a PC but the live view is better than BYEOS in my opinion.   A drawback is that it’s not dedicated AP software so it doesn’t have tools to help focus like BYEOS but I use a batinov anyway.   Guiding requires adding a PC to the mix but for controlling the DSLR portion it’s never let me down.  It also avoids special drivers like most other PC based solutions.  

Just wondering how many have tried it and what you think.  

#2 geneva_min

geneva_min

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Geneva Florida

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:32 PM

I guess I’m alone on this one.  Well it works for my needs anyway.  smile.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics