•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Fishhead

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Acer

Acer

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Loveland, CO

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:30 AM

Makes me hungry grin.gif

This one is aptly named.  Shot Tuesday night.  I could have used a little more time on this one.  The seeing wasn't the best either so guiding for most of the night was between .75 - 1.00, higher than my imaging scale of around .60 so it isn't as sharp as it could be.

20, 300 second H-Alpha Images
18, 300 second OIII Images
20, 200 second SII Images

Skywatcher MN-190 Mak Newt
EQ6-R Pro Mount
ZWO ASI183MM Pro
Skywatcher Evo 72ED (Guide Scope)
ZWO ASI120MC-S (Guide Camera)

FishHead.jpg

Edited by Acer, 19 September 2019 - 11:10 AM.

• mikewayne3, elmiko, PhotonHunter1 and 5 others like this

#2 the Elf

the Elf

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Germany

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

Excellent as always! Whenever I read your name I know a great image will show up when I click it. Keep on doing this great work!

#3 AZ Maverick

AZ Maverick

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Prescott, Arizona

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

Excellent '87' times over!!! wink.gif

#4 Acer

Acer

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

Excellent '87' times over!!! wink.gif

Thanks AZ!

Excellent as always! Whenever I read your name I know a great image will show up when I click it. Keep on doing this great work!

Thanks, that makes me think I am heading in the right direction anyway!  This astrophotography stuff is addicting.

#5 the Elf

the Elf

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Germany

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:07 AM

Acer,

I'd really like to put up my RC8 next to your MN190, image the same object and find out if the MN is the better choice. Alas you are on the other side of the big water.

Does the correction plate fog up? Are you using a dew heater? Over here it is very damp. In the morning the dew is dripping down the scope but the RC never fogs because the mirrors are so deep insde the barrels. Dew on the corrector is bascally the only thing that keeps me from getting one.

#6 Acer

Acer

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Acer,

I'd really like to put up my RC8 next to your MN190, image the same object and find out if the MN is the better choice. Alas you are on the other side of the big water.

Does the correction plate fog up? Are you using a dew heater? Over here it is very damp. In the morning the dew is dripping down the scope but the RC never fogs because the mirrors are so deep insde the barrels. Dew on the corrector is bascally the only thing that keeps me from getting one.

I don't use a dew heater (yet).  Iam using an astrozap dew shield and haven't had any dew problems on the corrector.  It hasn't gotten so bad that dew is dripping, but definitely bad enough where the scope itself is wet with dew.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics