•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IOptron CEM-120 UTC alignment Help

EAA mount astrophotography refractor
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hello i have a CEM-120 mount and Ipolar camera i have it polar aligned but it wont go to objects

only a few i think its the UTC what is the correct UTC for Dublin Ireland is it the same as England UTC +60

i miss the simple All-Star Alignment from Celestron only thing i dislike about my mount is Ioptron software

It go,s to some objects and then not to other even the moon seems to be just outside the FOV my Ipolar camera

is perfect pinpoint on the reddot and after doing three star alignment again objects are at edge of FOV what am i doing

wrong after getting everything in order CAT6 cable Two Intel NUC8 Tracer 12v 24ah battery getting proper leads

fixing one problem after the other going months without even using the mount

I also do a search zero position everytime i use the mount im so sick of the mount Ioptron software and hand controller

is the worst of all mounts i just hate it.

Also the CEM-120 should of never been sold until they had the Ipolar camera ready which they didnt

the Ipolar camera wouldnt fit until Ioptron sent out the new board i have taught of everything i also use my i use

Baader POLARIS I yet to make sure close as possible yet the same result.

Attached Thumbnails

• polaris-messokular-skala.jpg

Edited by Michaeljhogan, 19 September 2019 - 01:24 PM.

#2 sg6

sg6

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:56 AM

Looks like Dublin uses UK/England time so it is simply UTC, maybe I suppose UTC +0 or -0. Only say this as my Meade likes UTC -0, I have no idea why.

DST is also in use so answer Yes when asked.

#3 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Looks like Dublin uses UK/England time so it is simply UTC, maybe I suppose UTC +0 or -0. Only say this as my Meade likes UTC -0, I have no idea why.

DST is also in use so answer Yes when asked.

I used both last night UTC +0 and UTC +1 aka UTC +60 same date time everything perfect just seems tiny bit off i dont know what to try

Attached Thumbnails

• post-232322-0-06591000-1566749576.jpg

Edited by Michaeljhogan, 19 September 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#4 Myk Rian

Myk Rian

Viking 1

• Loc: Hartland, Michigan

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Is the camera aligned with the polar scope?

Myk

Edited by Myk Rian, 19 September 2019 - 08:20 PM.

#5 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

Is the camera aligned with the polar scope?

Myk

? The camera is the polar scope

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EAA, mount, astrophotography, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics