•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starizona microtouch wired focuser issue

beginner equipment imaging astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 imtl

imtl

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:55 PM

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to put this query. Anyways, I have a Starizona microtouch wired focuser. I installed everything and things work very nice

with the microtouch controller software. However, when I try to control it with either APT or BYE it does something weird.

With APT or BYE and even SGP, it does not matter if I push the IN or OUT travel button it always goes IN. And I don't understand why.

Just to be more clear. The position counter says 30000 on all software, I push the IN or OUT buttons on APT/BYE/SGP and it always goes in one direction, which is DOWN, i.e. lower count. But when I do it with the microtouch controller software it works fine.

I tried hard to find posts with similar problems but no luck. Anyone has an idea? I'm quite sure it is some definition that I am missing here.

Thanks!

Edited by imtl, 19 September 2019 - 10:45 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner, equipment, imaging, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics