•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PMC-8 and Prism v10 Connectivity

beginner equipment mount
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FocusedNaim

FocusedNaim

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mississippi

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:18 AM

Good day or night to you all,

I'm having trouble connecting my ES iEXOS-100 PMC-8 to Prism v10. 

I purchased this mount to keep me occupied while I save money for a Losmandy G11 or CEM60.

The iEXOS has PMC-8 and wireless ASCOM capabilities. I've downloaded the ASCOM platform and drivers.

My camera connects to Prism. Prism recognizes my mount (see photo 1 and 2).  

I'm wirelessly connected to the mount via my computer. In photo 3, the limited connectivity / no internet symbol of the PMC-8 WiFi doesn't affect mount control in the ExploreStars app so I assume that it does not affect Prism. I get an error message (see photo 3) when I attempt to connect the mount. When I begin initialization, the green "processing" light on the mount activates but deactivates soon afterward. It seems that there is communication at first, then the communication between PRISM and PMC-8 drops. 

The IP address is correct, The proper WiFi module is used. I'm unsure of how to find the proper TCP port, but I assume that is correct as well. ASCOM diagnostic says everything is fine! 

I'm also looking for answers on the PRISM forums. 

Am I the error? lol

#2 Stu Todd

Stu Todd

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Southern New Zealand

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:26 AM

Although I've never connected a PC to a mount wirelessly, Prism does seem to work and recognise your mount. I'd guess that the connectivity issue is a port issue or similar.

I had a look on the Ascom site and assume you have the PMC drivers but do you also need the Ascom Remote download?

Perhaps ask in the ASCOM forum at  https://ascomtalk.groups.io/g/Help

Sorry I cant be more definitive!

#3 FocusedNaim

FocusedNaim

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mississippi

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

I think I've figured it. 

Comm Ports do not register on my computer. It is a port issue. I'm unsure of how to handle this. Still during the groups.io. 

#4 ChrisMoses

ChrisMoses

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

Hi,

You need to switch it into wireless ascom mode, and to make sure you have the ascom driver installed.

The easiest way to switch the mode is with the Configuration Manager wich is available on the group.io files section.

The ascom driver has both a wireless and wired mode.  Make sure you have it in the wireless mode.

Generally, you may get a faster response if you post it in the groups.io page.  Many of us pmc-8 users hang out there regularly.

I played with an older verion of prism and it worked just fine.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner, equipment, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics