•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First try with IDAS NB1 tri-band on Tulip

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 knight_parn

knight_parn

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Peterborough, UK

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

Tried my new IDAS NB1 tri-band filter on Sh2-101 Tulip Nebula last night under about 60% Moon.

The filter really helped reduce the amount of sky glow allowing much longer subs. I took 38 x 240sec subs before running out of time (for this dim target even 5 min subs should work). On the other hand I find the resolution is actually slightly worse than without the filter. I suppose this is to be expected with OSC + narrowbands.

The result is predominantly red as the Ha component of the target is far stronger than anything else. This makes it kind of boring. I really love the colours of those NB images made by other people using mono cams even though they might not represent the true colour of the nebula.

Original

Sh2-101 small.jpg

Edited by knight_parn, 20 September 2019 - 05:57 AM.

• Francopoli, doleman and Barlowbill like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics