•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trying to make sense of Takahashi 130NFB adapters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DIYman

DIYman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

Hi all. 

I  bought a TOA-130 NFB as a retirement present for myself and now need to get some accessories such as adapters so that I can attach  my DSLR.  (At this stage I am not interested in using extenders, reducers or field flatteners.)  Tak's chart showing the photo/visual system is not clear when it comes to simple prime focus imaging.

After looking at the chart showing Tak's photo system, I am starting to wonder with this particular scope that imaging can only be done using extenders, reducers or flatteners.  

I have a Tak T mount for the DSLR but am not sure what else I need so that it screws into the end of the focusing tube.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Doug

#2 edif300

edif300

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Basque Country

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Why not go for a field flattener? The TOA-35FL and the TOA-67fl are good choice.
If you are going to use a full frame dslr the FF is a must have.
  • DIYman likes this

#3 Eric H

Eric H

Viking 1

• Loc: Washougal, WA

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

Doug,

Give the folks at TNR (Tak America) a call. They are very helpful.

Edited by Eric H, 20 September 2019 - 01:39 PM.

• Heywood and DIYman like this

#4 DIYman

DIYman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Thanks guys for your advice. 

• balu01 likes this

#5 balu01

balu01

Ranger 4

• Loc: Las Vegas NV

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

You can take pictures without a flattener or reducer, I like to play/test with my scopes in this configuration, this way I can see what the objective is doing without additional glass between it and the camera sensor.

Here is a quick recipe:
  • Get the CA 130 ring TAK #: TKA31202 , you can attach the DSLR wide mount t-ring to this. ( this will be usefull if you get the 35 reducer as it uses the same adapter so no money wasted)
  • Now in order to reach focus you will need extensions : TKA2350 ( you will need a couple of these to come to focus one won't be enough )

And you are ready to go.
Both the reducer and the 67fl are pretty expensive pieces , well worth it in my opinion and the flattener you can use with eyepieces too for some extreme flat fields.

or simply get two inch extensions attach to visual back and get an EOS connector.
if you have a TV powermate it also works with dslr with a single t ring connection you need to order.

Hope this helps

Edited by balu01, 29 September 2019 - 02:03 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics