•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sometimes... Got To Do Something

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mic1970

mic1970

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: St. Louis Metro Area

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

I have missed 3 amazing nights because of work.  Last night was supposed to be the last good night for a bit, but I was in a Band Parent Meeting most of the evening preparing for the first competition.  So....  I threw on an 18mm, put the camera on a static mount, and just pointed straight up (milky way area for me),and started shooting 25 second shots for 45 minutes.  This is the outcome: a shot of the Cygnus region.  

Not great, but got my fix for the week and better then watching the TV.  

Stack 100%.jpg

• Starman27, happylimpet, bobzeq25 and 4 others like this

#2 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

... and better then watching the TV.

I always tell people this when they ask about astronomy as a hobby  :)

#3 John Tucker

John Tucker

Viking 1

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

I have missed 3 amazing nights because of work.  Last night was supposed to be the last good night for a bit, but I was in a Band Parent Meeting most of the evening preparing for the first competition.  So....  I threw on an 18mm, put the camera on a static mount, and just pointed straight up (milky way area for me),and started shooting 25 second shots for 45 minutes.  This is the outcome: a shot of the Cygnus region.  

Not great, but got my fix for the week and better then watching the TV.  

attachicon.gif Stack 100%.jpg

I'd be interested to see what you'd get if you combined them into a movie instead of stacking them. 90 frames isn't a lot, but next time maybe the meeting will last longer...

https://www.filezigz...jpg-mov-en.aspx

#4 mic1970

mic1970

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:37 AM

https://drive.google...RFkDURV0TwI_gTE

Do you know how to slow it down

I'd be interested to see what you'd get if you combined them into a movie instead of stacking them. 90 frames isn't a lot, but next time maybe the meeting will last longer...

https://www.filezigz...jpg-mov-en.aspx

Edited by mic1970, 20 September 2019 - 10:37 AM.

#5 John Tucker

John Tucker

Viking 1

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

Nice!

#6 Alen K

Alen K

Apollo

• -----

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

Here's my "do something" image from the last new-moon period. I was out at my "dark" site (SQM 20.9 with a light dome) taking an image that included Deneb and Sadr when high, thin clouds started drifting through the field. Wasn't supposed to happen that night according to the forecasts. I keep shooting anyway until the clouds got so thick I had to stop. It's what I was there to do and dang it if clouds were going to stop me! (But in the end, they did.) Back at home I included most of the frames (a total of 18 minutes worth) when I did the processing and got this Akira Fuji style image as a result. 

med_gallery_96203_4345_60188.jpg

Edited by Alen K, 20 September 2019 - 12:24 PM.

• Starman27 and mic1970 like this

#7 Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Breckinridge County, KY

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

After yet another failed attempt to capture a photo of the ISS, I also had a "Well its set up, might as well do something" So with a piggybacked T6s and Nifty-Fifty I took 40 subs, a couple darks and hastily cobbled them together into this.

Autosave-Edit-3.jpg

BTW- Band parent is a noble and incredibly important calling. Keep up the good work! (former band student and teacher)

• mic1970 likes this

#8 mic1970

mic1970

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:20 PM

LOL... I'm on officer to boot this year.  I can't hold a tune in a bucket.  Only one year left and I get my falls back.  My girl will be going (most likely) to Kansas Unv to become a music teacher.  

After yet another failed attempt to capture a photo of the ISS, I also had a "Well its set up, might as well do something" So with a piggybacked T6s and Nifty-Fifty I took 40 subs, a couple darks and hastily cobbled them together into this.

attachicon.gif Autosave-Edit-3.jpg

BTW- Band parent is a noble and incredibly important calling. Keep up the good work! (former band student and teacher)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics