•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone using a C6 on a SLT for EAA?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

I've used a C5 on my SLT with great success. However,  I now do mainly EAA and with my C90 (USA starbright rubber coated) I use my small sensor 224 and either the FR6.3 or the Meade FR3.3 or a .5 on the 1 1/4" ZWO adapter.

The camera is very light, but a C6 is over the rated loaded. Most of my exposures are less than 8 seconds.

Anyone using a C6 for either visual or EAA here (posting this on the Celestron forum also). Does it over tax the mount?

#2 bdyer22

bdyer22

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

I've used a 127mm Mak on an SLT mount - 8.6 lbs according to Orion.  It did fine.  just had to wait for the vibrations to settle when adjusting focus.  It'll require some patience and a light touch. 

C6 is 10lbs.  I think it could work.

#3 mikenoname

mikenoname

Viking 1

• Loc: Death Valley Region (Bortle 2 - SQM 21.9+)

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:18 AM

The weakest link of the SLT is the tripod. I have mine on a solid, homemade tripod based on the one I linked below and I think it would be fine with a C6.

http://www.eyesonthe...eTripod2x4.aspx

• burb scope likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics