•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY367c power supply question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: west of seattle

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:04 AM

Title kinda says it all. What specific power supply/jack are you guys using for this camera?

While your here...Anyone have a photo of the rear of this model so I can get a visual of what plugs in where?

Btw.. I looked all over the net looking so the better half suggested I ask you guys.

Thank you.

#2 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:30 AM

Well, if you all just want to read and not answer then here is something to think about:

the drake equation: c-p from wiki

R∗, the average rate of star formations, in our galaxy,
    fp, the fraction of formed stars that have planets,
    ne for stars that have planets, the average number of planets that can potentially support life,
    fl, the fraction of those planets that actually develop life,
    fi, the fraction of planets bearing life on which intelligent, civilized life, has developed,
    fc, the fraction of these civilizations that have developed communications, i.e., technologies that release detectable signs into space, and
    L, the length of time over which such civilizations release detectable signals,

for a combined expression of:

N = R ∗ ⋅ f p ⋅ n e ⋅ f l ⋅ f i ⋅ f c ⋅ L {\displaystyle N=R_{*}\cdot f_{\mathrm {p} }\cdot n_{\mathrm {e} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {l} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {i} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {c} }\cdot L} {\displaystyle N=R_{*}\cdot f_{\mathrm {p} }\cdot n_{\mathrm {e} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {l} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {i} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {c} }\cdot L}

#3 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

Keith, I think you didn’t get answers because not many here have that camera. I use a 12v 30 amp power supply that feeds all my equipment, including my ZWO camera...that way I eliminated multiple power bricks and just have one supply for all my 12v stuff. Very convenient.

• bugbit likes this

#4 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

It's all good OMS as it will be here l8r this week or early next and I can see it for myself.I like the powerwerk/rigrunner idea for a 12 volt bus on the mount. You have a good day.

• OldManSky likes this

#5 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

It uses a screw collar 2.5mm plug for power with a female other end) and a USB 3.0 type B plug for communication. I used a Startech powered USB hub and Anderson Powerpole splitter on the rig (used that for years); but have switched over to a Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox V2, which I love to death. I had the 367C and 367M, but now have the 128C, but it’s the same camera, different chip.

Paul

• bugbit likes this

#6 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:18 PM

Thank you Paul fwiw.

#7 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:23 PM

Thank you Paul fwiw.

Why “FWIW?”

Paul

#8 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

fwiw= for what it's worth

It's just a tag like "cool" or "awesome" as I appreciated your feedback.

keith

#9 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I knew what it stood for. The context just took me by surprise, as I’ve almost exclusively seen it to trivialize a point, like “that’s just my two cents,” which didn’t seem right in your reply.

Here’s a pic of the back: https://www.bing.com...,3,4,6,8&sim=11

Paul

#10 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

Thank you for the pic of the rear,I'm surprised that qhy doesn't post that view.

Re fwiw, I use that a lot on the web as in real life I could buy you a coffee or beer but on here all you get is a thank you (fwiw). Absolutely zero negative connotation intended.

Anyhow, Thank you again

keith

• psandelle likes this

#11 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

Thank you for the pic of the rear,I'm surprised that qhy doesn't post that view.

Re fwiw, I use that a lot on the web as in real life I could buy you a coffee or beer but on here all you get is a thank you (fwiw). Absolutely zero negative connotation intended.

Anyhow, Thank you again

keith

Yeah, not even in their manual!

I never thought there was anything negative, just that there was another meaning I hadn’t run across.

I really like the 367, even over the 128.

Paul

• Jeff Struve and bugbit like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics