•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My first successful moon image !

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AstroPepe

AstroPepe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:52 AM

Hi:) I decided to post this in solar system category :D I have already posted this in dslr category. I hope you like it :D please leave a comment :)

Astrobin: https://astrob.in/full/ikpklq/0/?real=

• Wouter D'hoye, Sunspot, eros312 and 4 others like this

#2 Jenz114

Jenz114

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southwest Missouri, USA

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:13 AM

Nice results!

I would suggest cropping the image some, as I had to do quite a bit of scrolling to find it on my display at full resolution. Playing around with histogram stretching, exposure, gamma, curves, levels, and the other adjustments available in Photoshop might make your image stand out more and attract the eye's focus to where it should be by brightening it up a bit. That's saved me several times on my lunar images, but personal preference definitely comes into play here!

#3 Luca Nevski

Luca Nevski

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:21 AM

Simply wonderfull!

#4 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:32 AM

Excellent. I like all the black space - it conveys the infinitude of the vast abyss in which we reside

#5 AstroPepe

AstroPepe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:36 AM

Nice results!

I would suggest cropping the image some, as I had to do quite a bit of scrolling to find it on my display at full resolution. Playing around with histogram stretching, exposure, gamma, curves, levels, and the other adjustments available in Photoshop might make your image stand out more and attract the eye's focus to where it should be by brightening it up a bit. That's saved me several times on my lunar images, but personal preference definitely comes into play here!

Thanks Jenz :) thanks for the tips i will keep that in mind :D

#6 AstroPepe

AstroPepe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:37 AM

Simply wonderfull!

Thanks Luca!! My previous lunar images were blurry but i found out what was wrong and now i got my sharp picture :)

#7 AstroPepe

AstroPepe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

Excellent. I like all the black space - it conveys the infinitude of the vast abyss in which we reside

Thanks a lot Kevin! Deep black space is full of secrets :D

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics