•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkyX Software - Two ZWO camera - Imaging and Guiding

astrophotography equipment
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Yerby

Steve Yerby

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:57 PM

Hi Gang,

I've had this issue in the past and I cannot figure out how to correct it... I use SkyX Software for imaging and guiding. I have a ZWO1600 mono for imaging and a ZWO 120 mono for guiding. When you first set up the gear with the software for the first time, you have to choose the camera for each part (imaging and guiding) from a drop down. There is just one generic dropdown titled ASICamera for both camera.

When I first set up the system(last year) I made it thru this issue. Now, something has changed and the software is confused on what camera to 'talk to' when guiding or imaging. The guiding software in SkyX keeps connecting to the imaging camera... It's very frustrating especially considering I remember having this issue in the past and fixing it then.

Thanks in advance to whomever has advice.

Steve

#2 Morefield

Morefield

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:09 AM

Just a thought, but could you use the ZWO native driver selection for one and the ASCOM driver for the other?

#3 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• Loc: west of seattle

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:40 AM

I would address Mr Bisque on his forum for a resolution in the next build and if you do? please ask him to fix the lack of park position 4 on AP mounts. He just may oblige you btw.

• Swordfishy likes this

#4 davebl

davebl

Mariner 2

• Loc: So. Oregon

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:10 PM

First you click on "Choose" camera and there is only one choice under ZWO. You choose that for both cameras. Then using the same drop down menu
you click on settings. Then you can choose which camera to use with the menu you are in (imaging or autoguiding) The SkyX should remember. Works
good for me.
Dave

Edited by davebl, 29 September 2019 - 12:10 PM.

• Swordfishy likes this

#5 Swordfishy

Swordfishy

Vostok 1

• Loc: Miami, FL

Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

First you click on "Choose" camera and there is only one choice under ZWO. You choose that for both cameras. Then using the same drop down menu
you click on settings. Then you can choose which camera to use with the menu you are in (imaging or autoguiding) The SkyX should remember. Works
good for me.
Dave

This... I use SkyX to control both my Losmandy G11 and go back and forth with my CGEM and C8. I just go to settings / choose mount / choose ASI then settings again to choose which one of the two (ASI 183MC and ASI 120MM for guiding)

Skyx has been clunky for me. It is an AMAZING planetarium software, but I feel it is geared to work with their mounts more than anything. So I use it as a planetarium, but not to shoot or guide. 

I suggest NINA instead with PHD2 and connect to SkyX simultaneously as a planetarium. At least that is what I do.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics