•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Selecting Dovetail Bar for ES80mm FCD100 + Asi1600mm Pro

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 durak

durak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

Hello All-

I am a relative newbie having only been in the AP game for about 6 months but I have recently decided to upgrade some of my gear. First, I have sold my DSLRs and have a 1600mm pro + EFW kit on its way. I also have an asi290mm mini and a ZWO OAG coming to replace my guidescope and 120mm mini. Finally, I am planning on "defooting" my es80mm and replacing it with a set of Stellarview 90mm tube rings.

My problem is that I can't decide on what size of dovetail to attach to the rings. I have seen other users opt for the 7" bar but my hesitation comes from the fear of not being able to balance DEC due to my setup being extremely back heavy with the following configuration: ff/fr+ OAG + EFW + 1600mm. 

Should I opt for a longer dovetail (see attached photo) that would allow me to slide the whole rig forward in the saddle to hopefully achieve balance in dec axis? 

Thanks again CN!

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Edited by durak, 22 September 2019 - 01:17 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics