•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PoleMaster not found equipment error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 n5ama

n5ama

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Home: Cypress, TX Observatory: Pie Town, NM

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:42 PM

I'm running PoleMaster version 1.3.2.8 software on my laptop and can't get it to find the PoleMaster camera. The laptop is running Windows 10 with a intel core i7 processor at 2.9 ghz with plenty of ram.

I've tried both usb 2.0 and 3.0 with no success.

I know it's a windows 10 problem because I can run the camera with windows 7 pro on my desktop with no problems. I guess I could get a long extension cord and run the software on the desktop but it sure would make life easier if I could use my laptop. OK, I know, none of this is suppose to be easy but .......... 

Is anyone having the same problem and found a solution??

Thanks,

Tom 

#2 bugbit

bugbit

Vostok 1

• Loc: west of seattle

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

I would go here(scroll halfway down the page): 

https://www.cyclopso...pter/#downloads

and download the newest driver and try again. If that won't work.. maybe delete polemaster and install a older version that will work(also on this page).

fwiw

keith

#3 rk2k2

rk2k2

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cool, CA

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

What's the device manager say?  Is there an 'unknown device' listed?  If so, unplug the PoleMaster to see if the unknown device disappears.  This will verify that Windows is seeing the hardware, and more than likely you only need to load the Polemaster driver.

• rgsalinger and bugbit like this

#4 n5ama

n5ama

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

OK, thanks, I'll take a look at that link.

The device manager sees the camera as a unknown device and goes away when it is unplugged. The error message says the driver can't be found. Windows is seeing the hardware in both USB 2.0 and 3.0 but either can't find or can't use the installed driver. I'll look at bugbit's link and see if that works.

Thanks,

Tom  

#5 n5ama

n5ama

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

OK, the beta 5 driver worked!!!

Thanks a bunch for the link.

Tom

• bugbit likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics