•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade FR3.3 on C90.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

After getting my ST80 and C90 to focus with the 1 1/4" .5 reducer, I decided to see if I could get the Meade FR3.3 to work with the C90 and the ZWO224. Very rainy day but have a couple of trees pretty far away, so I hooked up the scope, camera, and laptop with SC. Much to my surprises it worked with the same setup as the .5 reducer. The old USA C90  was a F10 scope so with the 3.3 FR I could see the extra reduction. The image (just of a tree top) was not only a significantly smaller scale but was also sharper. 

I've found that you have to cool a C90 to get the best results (check out Uncle Rod's posts on his blog about the C90). But it does have pin point stars when used with the LAR and 11/4 EP's.  So this week I've manged to now get both the ST80 and C90 substantially reduced giving the small sensor ZWO224 the ability to have "semi" widefield images. Since these scopes and a SLT mount are my Grab and Go EAA setup I am more than happy. 

I had gotten the .5 reducer for these scopes and never gave the Meade FR3.3 a thought until yesterday for the C90 as I got it for the C8.  If you have a C90 and ZWO224 you will need the LAR and a 1 1/4" accessory adaptor for the C90. Then you just use the  1 1/4" snout on the 224 and put it in the  1 1/4" accessory adaptor. Remember this is the old USA model with the helical focusing not the current imported C90.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics