I remember last time I de-weight a Meade Mak 7, It was a big project. I spent one hour to de-fork the OTA and remove the primary, and two hours to pry the weight off the rear cell. The glue residual created a mess, so I spent one hour to clean it up, and one more hour to put the OTA back to the mount.
I received my second Meade Mak 7 last week. This time I decided to do the work with a much easier way. I left the OTA on the mount, I removed the primary and applied a big woodworking clamp to one of the fan port (fans were removed). I used a hair dryer to heat up the rear cell for about 5 minutes. When the glue got weaken by the heat, I gently tightened the clamp. I heard "click" sounds, that means the glue got split from the cell. I did the same thing on the other fan port, and then I could simply take the weight out of the tube. The whole process took about 30 minutes. There has no glue residual on the rear cell.