•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What are you using to stop dew?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robodan

robodan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

What is everyone using to stop dew?

I just got 25x100 binoculars and dont want to add to the allready top heavy binoculars so dont want dew shields, so ordered 2 heated dew straps for objectives and eyepieces as I use dew straps on my scopes have the dew heated controllers allready.

I feel dew shields just add extra weight to allready front heavy binoculars and the strips are the lightest solution.

#2 PEterW

PEterW

Surveyor 1

• Loc: SW London, UK

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:09 AM

Nothing (yet), interested to hear solutions that work.

Peter

#3 aa6ww

aa6ww

Vanguard

• Loc: Sacramento, Calif.

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:35 AM

i bought two four inch flexible dew shields for 4" refractors and they are extrememly light weight and sit flat in the bino case.

Kendrix dew heaters would help also but i never really had dew issues here in calif. i did it to help stray light from coming into the binos

...Ralph

#4 jcj380

jcj380

Surveyor 1

• Loc: 42N 88W

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

I use chemical hand warmer packs with a rubber band on my fracs.  I'd think they'd would work on my binos, but it's not been necessary yet to try them.

Edited by jcj380, 23 September 2019 - 09:18 AM.

• SECTOR 001 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics