•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trouble setting up Polemaster on CEM25 mount

imaging astrophotography equipment
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheQMSKid

TheQMSKid

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern Minnesota

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

Hi all, newbie here...

Trying to setup a new Polemaster on my iOptron CEM25 mount/tripod. 

I installed the Polemaster software/drivers on to my Win10 laptop. The Polemaster is identified when I connect the camera. All the commands appear to function correctly,  but when i look at the screen where Polaris is supposed to show up, the screen is all white (see attached). The wording shows up, but the background is all white. I'm testing this indoors during the day, but the background does not change when i cover the camera lens with my hand. Any idea what's going on?

Thx for your response. 

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

"(see attached)"...nothing was attached :)

The Polemaster is pre-set to take images of stars in a dark sky.  It also uses an "auto-stretch" routine that uses the "max" value in a frame to set the stretch value.  Neither of those are conducive to indoor daytime images showing anything, even with your hand in front of the lens.

Try it outside in the evening.

#3 TheQMSKid

TheQMSKid

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:56 PM

Thx Paul. Sorry for my ignorance.  I tried an attachment,  but was too large to post.

#4 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Thx Paul. Sorry for my ignorance.  I tried an attachment,  but was too large to post.

No worries.  And I certainly understand the whole "I want to try this out NOW, not wait for a clear night!" thing.  I do it, too :)

But I suspect that out under some stars, everything will be fine.  If it's not, come back and let us know!

#5 TheQMSKid

TheQMSKid

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:16 PM

Paul, thanks so much for your expertise. I tested the Polemaster just now under the stars, and it worked great.

Clear skies.

Bill

• bobzeq25 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imaging, astrophotography, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics