•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Winter Star Party 2020

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 JimMo

JimMo

I'd Rather Do It Myself

• -----
  • Loc: Under a huge light dome

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:36 PM

Just an FYI folks. I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and while looking for something else I noticed their Predator 2000 watt 65 dB generators for only $450 with coupon which is good till the end of the month. I bought a Honda last year, but may have chosen one of these at less than half the price if I had known. I shopped Home Depot and Lowe’s but after comparing them spent the extra $$ for the Honda.

#52 Napp

Napp

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Florida, USA

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

Just an FYI folks. I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and while looking for something else I noticed their Predator 2000 watt 65 dB generators for only $450 with coupon which is good till the end of the month. I bought a Honda last year, but may have chosen one of these at less than half the price if I had known. I shopped Home Depot and Lowe’s but after comparing them spent the extra $$ for the Honda.

I just did a periodic run of my Predator 2000.  Ran great.  Need to change the oil and it will be ready.  I bought it for the last Winter Star Party.  The Honda’s are great if you can afford them.  However, if you can’t justify spending that much the Predators are a great, much cheaper alternative.  Jim, I had the tent next to your teardrop.  Could you hear much difference in the sound of our generators?

#53 DaveHume

DaveHume

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Virginia, US

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

Excited to be attending my second WSP.  I was hoping the electricity would have been sorted by now but understand that's not in our control.  I purchased a Ryobi generator last year for WSP and shared it with my neighbors and that worked out quite well.  I haven't used it since so thanks for the reminder Napp to check it out prior to the trip down. Will be doing the Amtrak AutoTrain again from Virginia as that allows me to load up my Jeep to the brim :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

• JimMo and Napp like this

#54 peleuba

peleuba

Surveyor 1

• Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

Jim, I had the tent next to your teardrop.  Could you hear much difference in the sound of our generators?

Are you guys at the WSP allowed to run generators at night?!

#55 reddog1972

reddog1972

Ranger 4

• Loc: Northern NJ

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

Yes, only because there is no power on the main field in the girl scout camp. I'm assuming that will change once power is restored in the future.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics