•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

This has got to be a mistake!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Surveyor 1

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

I was looking for a solar filter for a friend with a C6 a few days ago and found one that is made for a C6.  Normal price at reputable vendors was around $85.  This was a real "bargain" at $29.00. Oh yes, it was a vendor that sold wigs! We all know that wig shops also carry solar filters.  What a crock!

Frank

That is nearly as bad as a very well known electrical retailer selling very shaky Meade & Celestron telescopes to some unsuspecting victim with the sales assistant insisting that the telescopes will present Hubble quality images- God bless the ignorant for they shall line the pockets of the share holders!

• gfstallin likes this

#77 kevint1

kevint1

Viking 1

• Loc: West Michigan

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:03 PM

I suspect they won’t even try to track down the fraudsters - small potatoes in a very big field

PayPal has insurance to cover these kinds of loses. 

#78 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:07 PM

In my case, PayPal was totally unable to locate the seller, either via name or Email, so I got a full refund.  That is certainly one big advantage in using PayPal.

Frank

• Skywatchr, elwaine and carver2011 like this

#79 aatdalton

aatdalton

Vostok 1

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:49 PM

I recently took the dive on one of these scams. Orion RC6 for $75 shipped. Paid with guest PayPal and actually got a shipping tracking info number a few days later! However, once it arrived in a week or two, I was unpleasantly surprised to receive this in a plastic mailer slip: 

Alvins Report.jpg

After a couple phone calls back and forth with PayPal, I got all my money refunded. Not my proudest moment. Might frame Alvin's school report as a testament to "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

• Jaimo!, eros312, gfstallin and 1 other like this

#80 gfstallin

gfstallin

Viking 1

• Loc: Cheverly, Maryland USA

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:05 AM

I recently took the dive on one of these scams. Orion RC6 for $75 shipped. Paid with guest PayPal and actually got a shipping tracking info number a few days later! However, once it arrived in a week or two, I was unpleasantly surprised to receive this in a plastic mailer slip: 

attachicon.gif Alvins Report.jpg

After a couple phone calls back and forth with PayPal, I got all my money refunded. Not my proudest moment. Might frame Alvin's school report as a testament to "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

I wonder if Alvin's parent's ever found out about his day at school...lol.gif

I jest. It looks like someone (in the U.S.) just grabbed the closest thing they had to them at the moment and put it in a box.

George

#81 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:56 PM

This looks like it could be the final exam to pass 6th grade now days!

FC

#82 skysoldier173abn

skysoldier173abn

Explorer 1

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

It’s a care plan for pediatric patients.

nevertheless a far cry from anything astronomical  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics