•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LX200 8" GPS slewing issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marsbase

marsbase

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: East PA

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:20 AM

Hi Guys,

I have an older 8" Lx200 gps. 1 issue is the power switch does not work all of the time. When I switch it on there is no power. When I switch it off there is a blink from the red power led. After a few on off switchings it does power on. I can live with that if there is no easy fix.

The main issue is when doing the star alignment. The slewing is painfully slow. I tried changing the speed on the handset but it does not work with the alignment slewing. The speed settings do work after the alignment is done. Is there a separate speed setting for alignment?

Thanks,

Steve

#2 sg6

sg6

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

No use for the switch, sounds like a new one is needed and maybe wire/connector checking.

Slew - Maybe. Somewhere in the menu there is I expect a Max Slew Rate and that may be set low, as in 2, 3, 4 area.

When you slew the setting will get over-ridden. The manual input/request will take priority.

Idea is that you run the scope a bit quieter although therefore a bit slower.

That is about all.

Time to dig in to the menu tree.

Odd looking Menu Tree in the manual:

Could be:

Setup - Telescope - Max Slew Rate.

But looks like:

Setup - Smart Mount - Telescope - Max Slew Rate.

Not come across the "Smart Mount" bit previously

Page 24, either way. LX200GPS-Manual

Edited by sg6, 06 October 2019 - 09:53 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics