•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New (2019) Engage DX binoculars from Bushnell

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ant1

Ant1

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Hi

I have a pair of Engage binoculars from Bushnell and I speak highly of their optical performance.

A friend of mine decided to buy a pair after looking through mine and was disappointed with the view.

After looking through his pair and sharing his concern, we found he didn't buy the Engage model but the Engage DX model, thinking it was the 2019 new model (as shown on the Bushnell website).

Long story short, the Engage DX line has retained a similar name but dropped : the ED glass, the phase coating, the ultrawide band coating, and the locking diopter.

Beware that the description on the Bushnell website is misleading and full of false information (says the DX model has phase coating and ED glass but this is not the case)

Be careful if buying one. IMO the 25% price difference is not worth the downgraded features.

My friend will return his pair.

Caveat emptor.

Regards,

Ant1

• cookjaiii likes this

#2 hwk

hwk

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

Thanks Ant1. Very helpful information.

#3 hwk

hwk

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

Thanks. Very helpful information.

#4 Yarddog

Yarddog

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

I got an email a couple of days ago from Adorama. They are clearing out the Bushnell 8x42 Legend Ultra HD for $99. That sounds like a good deal but there are so many odd and changing variations on similar names that you never know.

I did notice that it has phase coating.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics