•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LX70 Dual-Axis Drive System

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cbyeager

Cbyeager

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

I have a Meade LX70 mount  Dual-Axis Drive System with 6” LX 70 Cassegrain.

Whold like  suggestions on a camera fore Planetary, and is deep sky  imaging a possibility 

#2 johrich

johrich

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM

I have an LX70 and dual axis drive with a Meade LX65 150mm MAK that I use for planetary and lunar imaging.  I use an ASI224MC camera for this. I don't do DSO imaging with this setup as I use a wide field refractor and ASI183MC Pro for DSOs.  Generally, without a focal reducer on a 6 in SCT, it will be too narrow field of view and the image will be pretty dim with a 6 in SCT which I assume is about an F/12.  You might check Starzonia for a focal reducer, (Hyperstar) and someone who uses an SCT for DSO imaging can probably help.  You may also want to check out the Astronomy Tools website. https://astronomy.to...ccd_suitability to help you decide on a camera.

Hope that helps,

johrich

• Cbyeager likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics