•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Some Misc. Quantum Info

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pbealo

pbealo

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

I spent the morning going through old paperwork in the cellar, looking to file some and trash others. In and amongst what can loosely be called my files I came up with some old OTI info.

- Attached is a drawing for the drive pin for a Quantum 6. When I purchased mine used it had a bent pin. Alan at Davro sent me the drawing to help have another made.

- I found some notes of a conversation I had with  Alan Keero, at one time the OTI Production Mgr. 

- The blue paints are found on https://www.carid.co...color-guide.pdf  T173 Light blue and T218 Dark Blue

- Q4 motor is Cramer Type 117, P108AA55, 15A1VA08 A-L

- I found a letter Alan sent me that I wrote notes on from a follow up conversation

- Of the ~12 8" OTAs made, 4 were shipped on small Schaffer GEMs. I have not seen a mounted one, has anyone else?

- No 10" sold, but qty 1 12" shipped to Lockheed, which was later surplused out. Has anyone seen this one?

- In 1979 the 10" was quoted at $7,185

- Qty 37 7" OTAs were shipped to Contraves. I assume for missile trackers

If I come up with any other tidbits I'll post a reply.

Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• Q6 Drive Shaft.jpg

• davidmcgo and terraclarke like this

#2 agmoonsolns

agmoonsolns

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Washington

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

Thank you so much for sharing the info and picture! I have something like the above, but for the control box. It was from Davro too. I'll dig it up and post it here.

#3 chubster4

chubster4

Sputnik

• Loc: Washington, D.C.

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for posting this! Always eager for more info on Quantums. I remember seeing an 8" mak - probably a prototype Quantum (OTA construction looked similar to the 4's), on the classifieds years ago. Still kicking myself for not snapping it up!

• pbealo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics