•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How do you install ZWO EAF on a AT60ED

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joelin

joelin

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Saratoga, CA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

I attached the EAF to the AT60ED via a coupling. However, I still need to install the bracket. 

From this image, which screws do I use?

https://imgur.com/a/DnSb0Va

#2 chongo228

chongo228

Ranger 4

• Loc: Raleigh, NC

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:53 AM

The two silver allen bolts in the center of your photo. Due to the bracket being thicker you will have to put longer bolts in. Match them up at the hardware store and buy a handful of extra washers while you are there.

When installing the bracket be very careful your new bolts don’t screw in too far or they will bottom out on the brass rail on the bottom of your draw tube and damage it. If needed use those extra washers you just purchased to space the bolt outwards and dial in the distance.

Edited by chongo228, 10 October 2019 - 10:17 AM.

#3 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

Um...I would avoid the two allen bolts in the center, since those bolts actually hold the focuser to the scope.

I mounted my EAF on the WO Z61 (exact same scope as the AT60ED) using the two smaller threaded holes at the very top and very bottom of your picture, in the center of the focuser.  The small "plug" nuts in there currently do nothing to hold anything, they're just plugging up holes.  You can unscrew those, save them for later, and use the small 2mm nuts that came with the EAF.  Use a washer under them (above the bracket) so they don't go too far in.  That holds wonderfully well, and doesn't make you get new bolts to hold the focuser to the scope.  They're also not tension-adjusting screws.

Attached Thumbnails

• eafonz61_1.jpg

Edited by OldManSky, 10 October 2019 - 01:23 PM.

#4 joelin

joelin

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Saratoga, CA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:02 PM

thanks for that suggestion... ill check to see if i those screws that will fit. 

it seems without the bracket, the EAF wiggles like a loose tooth

i noticed you didnt push the coupling further into the focuser...i used a larger coupling so it would go in and then aligned the focusers hole with the coupling's hole...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics