•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AZEQ6 new motor controller board - no polar scope illumination ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jarbi

jarbi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was helping a friend to replace his damaged motor controller board on his AZEQ6 Synscan mount. This new board has an USB connector as well. Replacement went fine and we reconnected everything. After reassembling the mount works fine with the hand controller, USB connection to PC works as expected.

But - there is one weirdness. When we tried to enter in the Utility menu for changing illumination of the polar scope in the handctontroller, we get the message "Not available for this mount" ! The illumination adjustment was well possible with the "old" motor board without USB, using the same V3 hand controller (latest firmware installed). We could test it with a different ( V4 ) handcontroller - exactly the same message.

I have checked the connector and wires of the LED, certainly not damaged. We installed even the latest update for the motor controller, no joy...

I would be grateful if someone could shed a light on this, no idea how could we fix this....

Clear skies,

Janos

Edited by jarbi, 10 October 2019 - 07:43 AM.

#2 jarbi

jarbi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:32 AM

Just to update my own question: apparently there are 4 small little switches on this version of the motor controller, and these have to be set according to the mount where it is built in. In our case, the switches are not set to AZEQ6 and that should be the reason of the issue. I have requested Pierro-Astro to specify which setting should be applied for this mount, hopefully getting an answer soon.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics