•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

warming routine & qhy168c

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matthew_carlos

matthew_carlos

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:53 AM

folks,

qhy168c does not warm up after -5. Have tried in sgp, ezcap, and nina.   0 to -5, -5 to -10, & -10 to -5 no problem.  tec cooler does not want to be warmed up after -5.

thoughts?

thanks.

Matthew

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

Whats the ambient temperature?

Are you saying you turn the cooler off and it stays at -5c?

#3 matthew_carlos

matthew_carlos

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

its at -5 and i tell system; sgp/nina/ezcap to go from -5 to 0.  it doesn't listen. I've tried telling it in 3 min, 5 min, 10 min. nope. doesn't want to budge off of -5

#4 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

Well, thats just plain disrespectful. Sorry, no idea!

• t-ara-fan likes this

#5 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: 50° 13' N

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

. Have tried in sgp,

In SGP do you click the WARM button?

#6 BobT

BobT

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Driftwood, TX

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Matthew,

I have not seen this issue with my QHY168C and SGP.  My SGP is version 3.1.0.291 (beta) and my QHY driver is the latest download.  Just to make sure my memory was correct, I connected the camera this morning and set the SGP temperature controller to cool to -10 C in 20 minutes and to warm to +20 in 10 minutes.  The camera TEC responded to this correctly without any pauses at any temperature level until it hit the setpoints.

My camera just got back from China for a warranty replacement of the TEC.  I don't know if the initial failure was just infant mortality or due to improper temperature control on the part of the software I was using at the time of failure.  I was testing a new, popular open-source program where the temperature control interface was not as clean as SGP (land a bit confusing) and it keep asking for 100% cooling.  All I can tell you is:  be careful, the TEC (in any camera) is fragile.

Hope this helps,

BobT

#7 matthew_carlos

matthew_carlos

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:45 AM

hey folks. still an issue tonight. I've tried various warming techniques with SGP, Nina, & EZCAP. For some reason it just doesn't want to respond warming up after -5.

Will try verifying it has latest drivers etc..  Emailed QHY, will see what they say.

Thanks for comments and responses.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics