•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 6960, ''Bat's bite''

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JukkaP

JukkaP

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Here is my version of the legendary nebula NGC6960. Really lovely and bright target to shoot. I did 9x900s HA and 13x900s of OIII. Some of the OIII was shooted trough heavy mist. Really like the end result. 

Please C&C welcome. I want to learn to process these images better. 

Gear:

EQ-6

SW esprit 80

Asi 183 pro mono

Astrodon 5nm narrowband filters

Click for larger image(imgur)

E507sAZh.jpg

• astrovienna, astro140, elmiko and 8 others like this

#2 elmiko

elmiko

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

That is a stunning Eastern Veil Nebula! The framing and color is simply superb! And 15 min. Subs with your Atlas! The stars are so nice and round and tight! Excellent work!

Edited by elmiko, 12 October 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#3 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Snohomish, WA

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:22 PM

Looking good! Glad to hear Voyager worked well for you!

#4 JukkaP

JukkaP

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the comments! The 900s exposures is working great for me and for asi 183. Really like the end result.

I have been using voyager for year now, its worked good on all my images.

I dont like the competition in our forums at the moment about the suite we use :). So please dont bring it to every topic ;).
  • elmiko likes this

#5 astrovienna

astrovienna

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: The NoVa White Zone

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:08 PM

That's a really nice image, Jukka.  The colors came through very well.  I'd make two suggestions.  First, I think it would be fine with less noise reduction.  You've got good data, so I think it would look a little more crisp.  Second, I'd leave the background a little higher.  I actually like more faint stars in the background.  But these are just my thoughts.  It's nice just as is.

Kevin

• JukkaP likes this

#6 JukkaP

JukkaP

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

That's a really nice image, Jukka.  The colors came through very well.  I'd make two suggestions.  First, I think it would be fine with less noise reduction.  You've got good data, so I think it would look a little more crisp.  Second, I'd leave the background a little higher.  I actually like more faint stars in the background.  But these are just my thoughts.  It's nice just as is.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin for you comment. Much appreciated. I did little too unnatural background for the image, as I only had 10's exposures each filter. There was too much noise to my taste. The nebula could have been more crisp, you are right. I tested few iterations of unsharp mask and lightened the nebula. Its better viewed on small screen. 100% zoom the previous version was better. I have trouble getting the stars back to the image after I have removed them, still learning the art of processing. So they are just screened to the nebula image in photoshop.

2nd try:

bYKKFgFh.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics