•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oberwerk bt100xl and 24 pans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robertph1963

robertph1963

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: denver pennsylvania

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

I recently ordered a set of televue 24 panoptic for an Oberwerk bt100xl. I wanted to get the widest field of view. I have seen a few comments but I was hoping to get some more feed back. I'm sure these will be very good but are there better out there. Televue web site eyepiece calculator gives a 2.8° true field of view, the eyepiece has a field stop of 27mm and the binoculars have a clear prism of 24mm so I guess I'll lose some true field. Love to get feed back from someone using this combination, or anybody's opinion. 

#2 Beg

Beg

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bear River, CO

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:08 PM

The 24 Pans are my low power ep's for my 100XL. They are nice and sharp and vivid. I basically enjoy using them, but they also have some curvature with that bino that can get annoying when you're panning across the field. More often than not I will reach for my 17.5 Morphs for my low power needs just because I really like those ep's, but the Pans are sharp and contrasty and clear, and that is what really matters out there. Most folks seem to prefer the 24 APM's to the TV's I believe just for the reasons that I described...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics