•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Getting started with Voyager.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kingjamez

kingjamez

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Fairfax, VA

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

I downloaded voyager and want to test its acquisition speed as my first use of the software.

I’ve tried for an hour now to get it setup to just take bias frames. No telescope, no guiding, no target. Just take some bias frames.

I just can not get the software to do that. Can I get a little assistance? I normally think I’m pretty good at picking up software but this is driving me mad.

-Jim

#2 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Snohomish, WA

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:56 PM

Wiki here has lots of documentation, and a quick start guide + video.

https://voyager.tour...tle=Quick_Start

#3 radial195

radial195

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Kingman, Az.

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

In looking over the Voyager info on the Carina software site nowhere is it mentioned that Voyager is an acquisition program. Voyager appears to be nothing but a planetarium and mount control program. I can't find any mention of it running any kind of camera, so, it appears you are trying to do something with Voyager that it has no capability of doing.

#4 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

In looking over the Voyager info on the Carina software site nowhere is it mentioned that Voyager is an acquisition program. Voyager appears to be nothing but a planetarium and mount control program. I can't find any mention of it running any kind of camera, so, it appears you are trying to do something with Voyager that it has no capability of doing.

Wrong Voyager.

https://software.starkeeper.it/

• psandelle likes this

#5 Peter in Reno

Peter in Reno

Voyager 1

• Loc: Reno, NV

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

I downloaded voyager and want to test its acquisition speed as my first use of the software.

I’ve tried for an hour now to get it setup to just take bias frames. No telescope, no guiding, no target. Just take some bias frames.

I just can not get the software to do that. Can I get a little assistance? I normally think I’m pretty good at picking up software but this is driving me mad.

-Jim

One of few items Voyager is not perfect but there's a work around: 

https://forum.starke...rk-sequence/740

Voyager developer is working on it.

Peter

#6 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:26 PM

One of few items Voyager is not perfect but there's a work around: 

https://forum.starke...rk-sequence/740

Voyager developer is working on it.

Peter

+1 to what Peter said.

I setup my camera, ASCOM mount sim in a profile to use for calibration data. In fact, I am getting calibration data now. :) 

#7 kingjamez

kingjamez

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Fairfax, VA

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

Got it worked out, thanks for the help. Leo also messaged me with some tips.

Voyager seems extremely powerful so far. Not quite as user friendly as the other sequencing apps, but that's probably a side effect of having so much it can do.

-Jim

• psandelle likes this

#8 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

Got it worked out, thanks for the help. Leo also messaged me with some tips.

Voyager seems extremely powerful so far. Not quite as user friendly as the other sequencing apps, but that's probably a side effect of having so much it can do.

-Jim

Its more of a product of just using something completely different. As much as the Voyager vs [insert app] discussions are somewhat interesting to me -- Voyager is a completely different imaging paradigm. 

Leo's support is excellent. Don't listen to the false narratives spread here. Let your own experience guide you. 

• epdreher and Eric Horton like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics