•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2nd try using ADC more successful

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 descott12

descott12

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

Hello all,

I had a second try at using my new ZWO ADC. Thanks for the advice on a previous post about the target moving alot when the levers were moved.

Anyway, seeing was horrible and I was also viewing thru a layer of clouds (which I was not aware of at the time) so I was never able to get a good focus but it looks like the device was correcting the color alignment pretty well. At least that is how I interpret these images. Am I correct? (Clearly the uncorrected image is the first one).

Thanks

Edit: I forgot about the ADC tool in FireCapture and I used SharpCap. I will try the FC tool next time.

Attached Thumbnails

• Before.png
  • after.png

Edited by descott12, 13 October 2019 - 02:57 PM.

• Jeffrey C., kbev and gfstallin like this

#2 phileefan

phileefan

Viking 1

• Loc: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Dave,

I believe your getting the hang of it! waytogo.gif  You definitely got a lot of good tips in your previous post. Just be sure your ADC is level when starting out and check and readjust from time to time. In no time I'm sure you'll master it. 

I found the ADC tool in FireCapture really helps me out. There will be times that the two circles will not overlap perfectly, but I get them as close as I can. 

• gfstallin and descott12 like this

#3 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

That's what you should see when it's set up properly. And the image will move as you adjust the levers on the ADC, my method of coping with that is setting the camera to full resolution, then watching how the image moves as I adjust the ADC, then I reposition the mounting accordingly.

Taras

#4 descott12

descott12

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:25 PM

my method of coping with that is setting the camera to full resolution, then watching how the image moves as I adjust the ADC, then I reposition the mounting accordingly.

Yep, that is what I did but I did have to zoom a bit so you can actually see what effect the ADC is having.

#5 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Soyuz

• Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

The image on the right is still not quite corrected - significant AD (blue on the bottom, red on the top) is still present.

When you use one of the tuning tools (e.g. FC's) - you'll see a significant difference, then.

#6 descott12

descott12

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

The image on the right is still not quite corrected - significant AD (blue on the bottom, red on the top) is still present.

When you use one of the tuning tools (e.g. FC's) - you'll see a significant difference, then.

Good to know. Thanks. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pretty happy with that correction considering that I really  didn't know what I was doing with the levers!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics